Monday, September 20, 2010

Oslo!!

After I got off the plane, I found my very extended cousin (we'll call her L), and she took me back to her apartment so I could rest a little. Her daughter (M) came home shortly afterwards. She’s 6 and in theory, she has learned a little English at school, but she seems way too shy to try and use it with me, so we mostly communicate with each other by pointing at things and essentially playing charades.

After dinner, I pretty much just crashed. I get to sleep on the bottom bunk with M which is pretty fun. She had gone to bed listening to a story on a CD, and when it was over, she was calling out for something. L had gone out at that point, and her 10 year old brother (J) was either asleep or didn't care that she was calling, so I went in to see what she wanted. She pointed at the CD player, so I thought maybe she wanted me to turn it off. When I did, she shook her head “No,” and held up two fingers. Little monkey wanted to listen to the whole thing over again! I pressed play, changed into my pj’s and fell asleep while it was still playing. Which was like 8:45 – RECORD!


The apartment I'm staying at. The red house above the door is to help kids distinguish between all the different buildings because they all look so much the same. Other doors have boats (there's probably something else as well), and there are a bunch of different colours of things.


Next - first day in Oslo!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I love charades. Can't wait for your next update!

    (Also... you should follow my blog ;))

    ReplyDelete