Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On my way!

So I boarded my flight and left town at 2:35 pm after shuffling things around in my bags a little (too big and heavy for them to let me take on!). Now it's a little after 5 (local time) and I'm writing this from Calgary. Not much interesting has happened, the flight went well, and the only funny thing was that a bunch of passengers had to shuffle to the back because the front of the plane was full and the back was empty. I was happy though because there was no one sitting beside me, so I got to have a window seat!!

Unfortunately I had sky-checked my big backpack (with my big camera), and then I found out that my little camera's batteries had died. I still got a couple quick shots as we were taking off, and now I've found an outlet in a corner, and I'm totally pirating the Calgary airport's electricity. The sketchiest part about it is that I had to plug my charger into my international converter just to be able to get it to fit (there's sort of a cover around the outlet). To get the free wi-fi here, I had to sign in through Facebook. It seemed a tad dodgy, but whatevs.

I'll be here for a bit (I'm thinking they'll start boarding in a little over an hour), and then I'll be on my 8 hour flight to London. I've never been on a flight this long, so I'm expecting this plane to be way bigger than any other one I've ever seen. It'll definitely be a little different from the good ol' Dash 8-100's that I am so used to taking (no more moving passengers around to distribute the weight properly!).

Picture time!!







1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, this is such an incredible journey that you are starting. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't completely jealous. I can't wait to hear more about your trip, hope you'll be making time to document this! I did some traveling a few years back and I didn't keep any sort of journal. I really regret not having a record of every little thing I did and how I felt when I was traveling.

    ReplyDelete