Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good-byes and Parties

On Friday (December 17) I got to sleep in because my lecture had been cancelled, and then I met up with the girl I was working on my group project with so that we could head to the library and find the actual article that we were going to analyze for the assignment. I ended up finding a proposal for a law that was right along the lines of what we were looking for, so with a plan in mind, we parted ways. After that, I had one other lecture, and then I was done for the year!

That night we had planned to have a big going-away/Christmas party (in honour of Stef), so we had invited lots of people via Facebook. Alex had decided that it needed to be a fancy dress party just so that he, Mitch and Jonny could wear the Santa suits they had bought, but nobody else really had anything they wanted to wear (or cared about the theme), so no one else dressed up. Mitch had set the start time for the party at 8, so Andy and Jonny showed up at 8, and I found them in our lounge (I’m not sure how they got in…), playing their own music over the speakers that were down there. They were upset that Alex and Mitch weren’t even home when the party was supposed to be starting and the fact that they had to bring their own music. I think they called it “the lamest party ever” (seeing as how they were the only people there at that point, it pretty much was).

Eventually, Alex and Mitch came back, and more people showed up. It was a few of Alex’s and Mitch’s friends, and a few of Stef and my friends and a couple other housemates. The costumes were pretty funny. The boys had bought really cheap costumes, and the pants were so big that Mitch was able to pull the waistband over his shoulders. They even had terribly fake-looking beards. It ended up being a pretty fun night, we just played some games and visited until everyone decided that they were ready to head to town. I didn’t want to go because I just didn’t feel like heading all the way to town, and I was hoping to get around to a little packing, so I stayed on campus.

Party time!

Christmas-y shenanigans.


Claudia, Char and I headed over to Grizedale bar to see the drag queen that they had hired to come perform for the evening. He/she was pretty entertaining, but not very convincing (bad wig and outfit).It was a fun night, and afterwards, Claudia and I went to Char’s house to play Pictionary with her and her housemates. It was a super close and intense game of Pictionary, and it ended up being that whichever team guessed the last picture correctly would be the winner.

Drag queen and some dancers from the audience.


After the game ended, I had to say good-bye to Char because she was going to be leaving early in the morning to head back to the US for good. I went home and started trying to pack, but when people came back from town, I ended up visiting with them again instead of packing.

The next morning I woke up early because I needed to pack. I did a load of laundry, and Stef was packing up and moving out all her stuff that morning too, so she kept donating things to me. Eventually my bags were packed with lots of freshly clean clothes, and I had to say my good-byes to Stef and head off to the train station.

Next - Christmas gets off to a rocky start.

No comments:

Post a Comment